Saturday, May 30, 2009

Before/after pictures of our house!

We had our house painted this week, and we LOVE the results! I had to really sell Josh on the black shutters, but he likes them now. And he had me really worried when he called me in the middle of the day on Thursday, asking "Did you mean for the door to be BRIGHT red?"

But we love it. The house looks so much more up to date now. Before, the wood siding and trim were white, and the doors and shutters were a dark hunter green.


We had the wood painted a color called "Tony Taupe" with a red door, white trim and black shutters. We also replaced the house numbers and door hardware, using brushed nickel.


I took a little bit of a risk and had them paint the rocking chairs the same red as the door, and I love them!

A close up of the color scheme.



Next I'll be working on the front landscaping a bit. I already did some major pruning of the shrubs and azaleas. Next I want to do some additional planting and lay mulch.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything looks so wonderful. You did a great job picking colors! The red door is my fav, of course : )

    ReplyDelete