Kelly at
Kelly's Korner is hosting a linky party today, so I'm sharing pictures of my kitchen. Our house was built in the early 80's, so it needed some updating when we moved in. The kitchen was very dark, and the appliances were in BAD shape. It's amazing what some paint, new hardware and new appliances will do! Here are some before and after pictures of my kitchen (the after pics are the ones with the white cabinets and appliances).






Some day I hope to have a huge kitchen with an island, more storage and nice countertops. I LOVE to cook, so I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. But I love this kitchen - I think my favorite part might be the double oven! It serves our family well, and I love looking out the window while I'm doing dishes. Especially when I get to watch my husband playing with our daughter in the yard!
I hope you enjoyed the before and after photos!
Beautiful kitchen! The white cabinets really made a difference!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW what a transformation!! Wonderful job. It looks like a Pottery Barn kitchen instead of an 80s kitchen. Thanks for sharing with all of us!!
ReplyDeleteI love your kitchen. It looks so different! You did a wonderful job. I never thought that I would like light cabinets but those look great.
ReplyDeleteI love the makeover! My kitchen was that green color before we moved this summer and I LOVED it! It always seemed like a happy spot to cook!
ReplyDeleteLori
Hey Melanie - I love the makeover. My kitchen is very similar to your before pictures, very dark. I was wondering how you prepared the cabintes for paining? Did you sand them and prime them?
ReplyDeletethanks in advance - I am really hoping to start working on mine really soon.
Love the before and after shots!
ReplyDeleteMelanie - I paid a professional to come do the painting for me. They gave everything a light sanding, then they did two coats of an oil based primer and two coats of oil based paint (I think they lightly sanded between coats of paint).
ReplyDeleteI love all those little cabinet doors. Very cute kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI love all your cabinets! The remodel is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen is pretty Melanie!! I love everything and love seeing before and after pics!!
ReplyDeleteEwww, I love the white. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how light your kitchen is after painting. It looks so warm and airy.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how your kitchen turned out, what an awesome transformation! Thank you for opening up your home!
ReplyDelete-Ash-
LOVE the green :) DARLING kitchen!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job! Love the white with the green!
ReplyDeleteWow! Very pretty... love the green & white together!
ReplyDeleteI love it! That is an awesome transformation.
ReplyDeleteI love your kitchen -- also love the fact that you can see beyond what was already there & put your own personal touches on it. It really turned out beautiful...yours was one of the favorites that I viewed...
ReplyDeleteI love the white w/ green walls. Very cheery and bright!! Happy kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your made-over kitchen! It went from 80's to Pottery Barnish 09 with all the painting, etc. you did! I love the color of your walls too!
ReplyDeleteVery very nice!! Bet you love being in the kitchen now!!
WOW!! What a transformation! LOVELY!! Love the green paint on the walls!!
ReplyDeleteWOW what a beautiful transformation! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI love the change. You did an awesome job. I also have green in my kitchen AND I had to make some updates as well to a dark, blue kitchen.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with all of us over at Kelly's Korner. It's beautiful.
Hey. Thanks for the comment on our blog. Yes, we do live in the same area. I'm in Terry. I have family and LOTS of friends who live in Brandon. Do you attend a church in that area?
ReplyDeleteI love your kitchen. Such a change. Thanks for letting me take a peak.
Keep in touch. I like to know about bloggers in my area. If you don't mind, I'll add you to my blog roll.
Come back to visit us.
good job!
ReplyDeleteOh my word!! What a beautiful transformation!! I absolutely love the white cabinets and green walls, it's so clean and fresh and airy!!
ReplyDeleteOh yea, I found your blog on Kelly's!!
Love the green color on the walls.
ReplyDeletehow did you paint the cabinets white? i mean what kind of paint did you use?
ReplyDeleteWow! You did great! I love how the space just opens up with new colors!! I tried to do the green on my walls, but I guess it's just the wrong shade... Love love love your kitchen!
ReplyDelete~Ali
PS Found ya on Kelly's Korner
WOW! love the after pics
ReplyDelete