Thursday, May 14, 2009

I love you, Miss Pizza

On Sunday (Mother's Day), we planned to go out to eat after church. Mother's Day and my birthday are the two times where I choose someplace *I* want to eat, without worrying about whether it's too girly for Josh. So, it's usually someplace with quiche on the menu. Well, unfortunately, AJ didn't get a nap while in the nursery at church, so she was NOT a happy camper after worship. We decided the less stressful approach was to phone in an order for pizza and pick them up on the way home.

After we stuffed ourselves, Evelyn was playing with some of Josh's leftover crusts (pizza bones as he calls them). I was quite impressed when she arranged three crusts into the shape of a triangle, then rearranged them into the shape of the letter 'H'. Then she lined them up and called them a choo-choo train.

We were basking in the brilliance and creativity of our almost 2 1/2 year old.

Then she takes the two biggest crusts, starts hugging and rocking them (like she does with her baby dolls), and sings the Barney song to the crusts... I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

When she got to the part with the 'great big hug', she hugged the pizza crusts. Next came the 'a kiss from me to you', and she kissed both of the pizza crusts. Then she finished the song.

And said "I love you, Miss Pizza."

When Josh and I were almost done concealing our laughter, I asked him if this is a sign that we eat too much pizza in our house.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that was just precious!!! I love those little things that kids do and you always want to remember them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little one has a very creative and imaginative mind! You must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete