The good side is that I wasn't hurt, we had the money to replace the tire, and nothing worse happened. And since I had extra time on my hands, I was able to get a head start on my weekend projects!
This was project number one - framing and hanging the botanical prints above the sofa.

Getting that many pictures hung straight with the exact same distance between each was NOT easy!
And here was project number two - hanging a display of my Frankoma pottery in the entry hall. I've had my pottery packed up for a few years now. I used to have it on a tall shelf that I was scared the girls would pull down on them. I was more worried about their safety than the pottery. But I got the idea to hang some of it out of their reach! I'm so glad I get to enjoy it again.


And here is where most of the rest of it is - this bookcase is in the dining room. I may work on the arrangement a little more, and I still have a few pieces I haven't unpacked. Two of the pieces were my grandmothers - they both had a piece of this pottery in the color I collect!

And since I'm posting pictures, here is a pic of a candle holder I picked up at a store down the street. I actually bought a pair for my dining room table - I'm going to get a huge hurricane candle holder to go in between. Or maybe an apothecary jar. Haven't decided. It's really pretty and unique in person.
I hope that my fabric finally shows up tomorrow, so that I can start working on window treatments and throw pillows. Then my rooms will be done - and I can start on Simon's room! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment