Adam
I stole this picture from their blog - it was from Easter morning.
Adam works in financial management at the corporate office of a very big food company, and he also teaches part time at a local community college. I think he's always been naturally smarter than me, but I think I enjoyed school more (and was more of a rule follower). He had a full ride scholarship to the University of Arkansas but partied it away in his first semester... But he went on to earn not only his bachelors degree but an MBA, and he has made a successful career for himself. I hit the sister-in-law jackpot when he married Lee-Ellen. I probably talk to her more than any other family member! They live outside Fayetteville, AR, and have two kids, Jack and Maree Claire.
Rebecca
Let me know if this picture doesn't work for some reason... I took it off my sister's Facebook! :)

This is Rebecca with her husband, Alex. Rebecca is about 5 years younger than me. We were close enough in age that I remember us playing Barbies and stuff together while growing up. But we were separated enough in age that I don't think we had a lot in common until we were both adults. I think we got closer when my family moved to France and then back to the US, because those were some rough years for Rebecca. She's a really cool person - she's got a really happy and optimistic personality - she's kind of a free spirit/hippy type. She followed an interesting path to get to where she is today - double bachelors degrees in French and Art History followed by a Masters in French Literature. Then she moved to Colorado to go to culinary school, where she specialized in baking/pastries. She made her way back to Fayetteville, married Alex, had a baby (Wyatt) and is now teaching culinary arts at a community college - it's a PERFECT job for her. She also does cakes/baking on the side, and even made her own wedding cake! Her husband is a fantastic guy, too - he's an adjunct professor at a community college, and he's a singer/songwriter. I haven't had a chance to see him perform, but I have some of his recordings, and he is amazing.
Victoria
Or "Aunt Bit", as Evelyn calls her.

I thought that was a cute picture! That's Victoria and her boyfriend, Paul, from prom this year. Victoria was born my senior year of high school - definitely a surprise to my mom, who was 40 at the time! I chose a college very close to home, because I was there almost every day of the first year of Victoria's life, and I couldn't imagine moving away and only seeing her at holidays and breaks. Unfortunately, my family moved to France my junior year of college, and we've never lived very close by ever since. I think that and the age gap didn't allow us to be as close as sisters as I think we both would like. But we've gotten closer over the last couple years - she's older now, and I think we can relate a little better. And she's also willing to be open and honest about what she wants, needs and feels, which I think is awesome - especially for someone her age. Took me a lot longer in life to learn how to do that! Victoria was very involved in musical theater in high school, and I got to see her perform in Oliver! earlier this year. Her performance brought tears to my eyes - she was so good! She's now in college in Springfield, MO. Right now, I think she wants to be a speech pathologist.
I've also been blessed with a great in-laws on Josh's side - his brother, Ryan, and Ryan's wife, Danielle. They are down to earth, wonderful people. They live outside of Memphis with their three kids (twins Cody and Catelyn and their sister, Abby).


No comments:
Post a Comment