I filled the vase with lemons, because they were cheap and (I thought) looked nice. Josh likes to say that I'm fighting a battle against scurvy.
This dining room is SO much bigger than the one in our last house. The table didn't have any leaves it in the last house. I have two leaves in it here, and could honestly fit the third leaf if I wanted.
I may eventually try to either refinish or replace the chandelier. But the brass doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. And brass is coming back in style anyway, so I may just leave it.
The girls recently discovered that the door to the kitchen is a swinging door. We're trying to keep them from playing with it- just a matter of time before pinched fingers or a hit in the face if they play with it.
The framed botanicals were hanging over the couch in the last house. I like them in the dining room here.
I like the little arrangement at the top of the china cabinet. In the glass jar is a collection of wine corks that I've been saving for over a decade. To the side of the china cabinet are the chairs I got from craigslist and recovered.
We've already gotten a lot of use out of our new dining room! We love entertaining, so it's nice to have the space for it.


No comments:
Post a Comment