Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend and Menu Monday

We had a great weekend. Mostly. AJ was a little under the weather, and both kids' sleeping was a bit off. But we had a lot of family time that made up for it. I even got a 2 hour nap on Saturday and a long bath with a book on Sunday! The sun finally made an appearance after about a 3-week absence, so we took a long walk down to the lake at the end of the street. Then we took a long drive down the Natchez Trace. It was beautiful.

Hopefully this week will go by quickly, because we're headed to the beach this weekend! Yay!

I've been posting a lot of recipes recently, but Mondays were originally the day for sharing. So, here is a quick and easy one.

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box of cake mix without pudding, any flavor
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 bag of chips or candies, any flavor

Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil until blended. Mix in chips. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Combinations I've tried: strawberry cake mix with white chocolate chips; devils food with white chocolate chips and chopped walnuts; butter cake mix with cherry chips (SO good if you can find them)... Tons of possibilities!

I love making these at Christmastime as part of big treat trays for the teachers at the daycare. It's an easy way to make a big variety of cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this recipe....I was thinking about those the other day and was going to ask you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete