Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dentist and first birthday planning!

We had a busy week around here. Work has been very crazy and very stressful, but I'm trying to just keep trudging along.

Evelyn had her first dentist appointment this week...let's just say it was not an enjoyable experience for either of us. I asked her later if she had fun at the dentist, and she said 'yeah'. To which I responded that people for a 3 mile radius could probably hear all the 'fun' she had. She actually broke a sweat from crying! Poor thing. We have to do a better job brushing her teeth, so we took her to Target last night to pick out a new toothbrush (Barbie), toothpaste (Disney princess) and a special toy that she gets to play with while we brush her teeth (a Snow White Barbie doll). We also are supposed to start working on getting her to stop sucking her thumb... One thing at a time, though, I think!

It's hard to believe, but AJ turns a year old a week from today! We are going to have a small party for her at Mimi's house, and we'll also have some aunts, and uncle, some cousins, and my parents there. I'm hoping some of my friends will also have time to stop by so that I can see them! Mimi has a pool, so we're going to do a little bit of a luau theme. I'm planning to make these cupcakes (picture from Bakerella - she's fabulous!)



And these cookies (can't remember where I got this picture!)



I think both of those will be fun projects to do with the kids - I think they will like being able to decorate their own cupcakes!

I bought some luau decorations to make it a little more festive. Maybe we'll get some balloons, too. Other than that, I'm not planning anything that will be too much work for anyone.

Okay - I better finish getting ready for the day before any kids wake up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment