Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Finally some pictures!

The last month has been CRAZY busy, but we are now all moved in to our new house!

Okay, so these are really crappy pictures. I need to learn how to take better pictures with my camera! But my new living room rug got delivered, and I love it! So I wanted to take a few pics for those who have been requesting them...

This is the living room in progress... The couch was a fantastic Craigslist find - $100! And they even delivered it for me! It's exactly what I would have looked for had I found it new in a store. I got the rug off of overstock.com. The picture is something I already had but haven't had hanging for years. The folding screen is an antique I bought in Sioux City, IA years ago. I'll sew some new panels for it.

I just need to get a couple chairs and make some drapes, and the living room will be done!





















And here are a few pictures of the family room. I worked on the built ins all weekend - tweaking things here and there. I think I finally like the arrangement. I love being able to showcase my Frankoma pottery collection. There are two pieces in the middle top shelf (the one with no books) that came from each of my grandmothers -they each just happened to have a piece of the pottery I collect in the color I collect! The really tall vase in the top left was a gift this year from my parents for Christmas.









This is another painting we already had - we bought it at a charity auction in Memphis.


















I hope to get more progress made, clutter put away, and boxes unpacked this weekend. More pics later!

No comments:

Post a Comment