Sunday, February 13, 2011

More pictures!

We had some friends over for dinner last night. Josh bought a new smoker, and he smoked a couple pork butts. Of course, that's way too much food for us, so it's a great reason to have people over! Fortunately these friends didn't care that we still have a few boxes here and there - we DID move in less than two weeks ago, after all! We had a great time, and the girls were WORN OUT from playing with their little friends, too. They slept in this morning! Wish I could say the same for the Si-man.

Since the kitchen was clean for the get together, it was a good time to take a few pictures.

This is on the left side of the kitchen.













This is the built in desk, which is going to be GREAT for corralling mail, keys, cell phones, my purse, Josh's wallet, etc. And underneath is where I stash all of the bags - breast pump, work bag, Josh's bookbag, Josh's briefcase, and Simon's diaper bag. I don't mind the clutter as much when it's contained to a little area. And I love having the shelves for my cookbooks and for display!












A view of the kitchen. So excited that I didn't have to give up my double oven! I had one in my last kitchen, and I got quite spoiled by it. The top oven is a convection oven, although I haven't read the manual about how to use it.












LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the island. The girls love sitting at the 'big table', and it's so nice for when I'm preparing food, washing dishes, etc. You can also also see the kitchen sink with the window that overlooks the driveway and side yard. I had a similar view in my last kitchen, and I feel so blessed that I have a similar set up here! It's great for when the kids are out playing.












Here is the last part of the kitchen - we JUST bought that fridge a few months ago, and now it doesn't match. I hope to sell it on Craigslist so that I can buy a matching stainless fridge. And you can see the door to the laundry room. An actual ROOM, not just a closet like I've had in the last two houses! :)














And here are a couple organizational shots. Here is the pantry. There are built in spice racks in the doors. My mom organized the spices - one side for cooking, one side for baking. And now you know where my OCPD came from... :)













My mom came up with the idea to use the racks for baking dishes, baking sheets, and muffin pans. I love that I don't have to pick up everything on a big stack just to get what I need.












Here is a different view of the living room. The chairs were from work. Everyone thought they were ugly, but I think they're cool in a Golden Girls-vintage kind of way. I'm going to have the cushions reupholstered in a really modern, graphic fabric. In the background you can see the fabric I'm going to use as part of the window treatments. It's the fabric I LOOOVED from the dining room in our last house. The living and dining rooms are right across the entry hall from each other, so I'm going to do similar window treatments in each.













Close up of the 'before' chair.












Entry way (looking from the family room). Love the french doors! The walls are covered in a grasscloth wallpaper that has been painted a kind of celery green color, which I really like.

2 comments: