Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You know you're getting older when...

We went to my youngest sister's high school graduation this weekend. I remember when my other younger sister graduated in 1999, mentally calculating that I would be almost 35 when Victoria (the youngest) graduated. And thinking that was SO far in the future. And also that 35 seemed really old... :)

During the graduation, my brother (who is about a year and a half older than me) realized that most of the kids hadn't even been born yet when he graduated high school.

Add that to the fact that my 20 year high school reunion will be in three short years.

I guess there is no denying it! I'm definitely getting older.

Josh, while younger than me (by a few years), is getting older, too. He was meeting with an adolescent client last week. I think the kid was around 13 years old? They were talking about what kind of music the kid liked. He said he had been listening to this old band from the '90's. That they were kind of obscure, and the lead singer killed himself. They have this one song that the kid really likes...he said it was something like "Smells like..." To which Josh immediately said "Smells like teen spirit"? The kid was AMAZED that Josh knew about Nirvana...

lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment