
We had our painter* come out last night to look at some work we (okay, *I*) want done on the house. The exterior of our house REALLY needs to be painted, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to afford it. On top of that, I would also love to have our living room repainted, as well as crown molding installed in our living room.
We should be getting the quote back sometime this weekend, which probably means next week for this guy.
I'm thinking a warm taupe (not too dark, since the porch and trees will shade the front of the house) - enough to be a nice contrast with white trim. The shutters will be black, and the door will be a deep cranberry color. I think all of that will contrast more with all the green in the landscaping. If you can't tell, the shutters and door are hunter green right now. I also want to add a couple crepe myrtles in the front beds on either end of the porch. But that may have to wait. I can't do it all at one time, even though I want to!
*It's weird to call him 'our' painter, but we've had him out to do a LOT of work previously. I also had him do a huge job at work for me last year. He's great.


No comments:
Post a Comment