Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy half birthday, Simon!

Simon is six months old as of January 8!



At six months, Simon is:
  • A very happy and content baby. He rarely cries, which is a huge turnaround from his first couple months! My eliminating dairy made all the difference in the world.
  • Simon is so content that I always find myself looking over my shoulder when we're driving somewhere, just to make sure he's actually in his carseat.
  • Weighs somewhere around 19 lbs, I'm guessing. He was almost 18 1/2 lbs the last time I took him to the doctor, which was several weeks ago.
  • Has been eating solids for a few weeks now. He has had sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, applesauce, squash and oatmeal.
  • Still breastfeeding! He has had a few formula bottles here and there, like at church if I haven't pumped enough extra during the week for him to have a bottle of EBM. But I would say he's 99% breastfed. And I'm okay with that!
  • Loves playing on the floor and rolling around. Great at baby pushups, although he hasn't started getting up on his knees yet. Also loves the Jumperoo and Exersaucer (aka "Baby Vegas").
  • Adores Evelyn and vice versa.
  • Nowhere CLOSE to sleeping through the night. He usually wakes up about every three hours to eat. I'm used to it.
  • Wears 12 month sized shirts and 6-9 month pants. He's a tall boy!
Once we figured out the cause of his colic, he has been SUCH an easy baby! He's really a joy to be around, and he has a smile that just lights up the room. I love hearing him laugh, and I love cuddling with my little boy!

I thought it would be fun to also post pictures of the girls at six months.

Evelyn:


AJ - what a chunky monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment